Saturday, April 28, 2007

Well, it would seem, I am famous. One of the parents at the school where we made the lunch bags for, works for the community press and they publicly thanked me, my daughter and my mom for our generous gift to the kids for Earth Day. It had a picture of the kids holding the lunch bags. I was unable to attend the Earth Day thing, because we had already promised a BBQ for one of our Associates. Tom has Fetal Alcohol Sysdrom and every year Tom walks to raise money for the awareness of this uncurable but 100% preventalbe diesease. Oh no I sound like a commercial now. Anyway, the BBQ made $505. and it was fun to do something other than sit in the office all day, and it was a beautiful day. I have a picture of me BBQing so I will get it downloaded on the computer and post it
I do not want anyone to feel obligated to pledge me for my relay for life. Our team goal was to get $100. from online, $100 in person and walmart is giving $100 to each of our 20 team members. I have already accomplished my $100 online and I have $30.in person and with all the fundraisers we have done lately I got my $100 from walmart, so I doing good, dont feel bad if you cant.
I get at least 4 call a week for donations and I have to say no. Last summer I ended up with a credit card bill of over $100. because I couldn;t say no. I say it now.
I know we all do what we can, we just good people us MacAulay's.
As some as you have experienced, I think I can post on facebook, I think I did it right, if no one has heard from me let me know, because, obviously, I'm wrong and didn't get it.

3 comments:

Alberta said...

Maybe you should rename your blog...I really don't think you get that lost anymore!

Anne said...

I am going to call you tonight. I want to pledge money and would like to just transfer it directly into your account. Can I do that?
Talk to you soon.
Your sis,

New MrsIngram said...

Me too. I want to send a pledge as well I just don't want to use the credit card to do it, I want to email transfer instead ... do you do online banking?