Monday, June 25, 2007

Hello there, I'm back\
I know it's been a while but I have been very busy. Now that all my external obligations are completed, I can spend some time cathcing up on blogging and perhaps even figuring out how to use facebook. As for the pic's of Candice's grad, I still don't know why they won't post. Candice was suppose to try for me, but I have kept her pretty busy helping me with all my stuff.
Girls Guides are done, My Cancer relay for life is done, inventory is over with, now I only have one more project on the go. I am finishing a quilt for a girl at work. Her mother in law started it and got too sick to finish. I only have to quilt the top to the bottom and its done. Her mother in law died and it would be a nice reminder for the granddaughter she started it for. As it turned out the Mother in law tried a little bit of everyting and her house was quite the challenge. Mom and I took a trip out on Sunday and left with a car full of material, batting, books and she wants to know when we will be back to get some more. While we were there, we found another quilt for another granddaughter the sister of the other quilt , that did not get quite completed so mom and I are going to finish that one as well.

Well our relay went really well. Our teams combined raised $5500. Not too bad. If we had remainded as one team and not split into two, this would have been the third highter coporate donation made. The second hightest was $7500 and one member of that team raised $6800 of that herself. She was the second hightest individual donation. the hightest was $14000. Yes thats 3 zero's at the end. Can you imagine raised that must alone. That's almost triple what our whole team did. It was good night and I will definately do it again next year. Planning will begin in January.

I will be without a computer for the rest of this week as I am taking this one in to get dumped.
I had Candice transfer all her stuff to an external modem so I can clean it out and start from scratch and put all my stuff in so I won't have to wait for Garry to get off the computer anymore to do pictures or printing. It will all on this one. So then I will have no more excuses. Looking forward to being back permanently this time.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Congrats on the cancer fundraising! That's awesome. Aaron and I are planning on doing the Uncover the Cure one in Calgary next June...Aaron has graciously offered to have his legs waxed for pledge money. It's for cancers below the waist so it's kind of fitting, don't you think?

New MrsIngram said...

Nice to see you back again. I think you've jinxed me .. it looks like the boy might really be holding out for your birthday after all!