Saturday, February 02, 2008

Blog?Blog? Wait I remember Blogging!

Some of you proberly thought I forgot how to blog. No it's just been a very busy time for me.
I lost a friend, and the husband of a friend, and found out a co-worker has just finished another round of Chimo and still no good news. So I have been kind of in a funk.
We finished up all the fundraising for Grand Opening which happened in December. All the cheques have arrived and we have started delivering them. People love you when you give them money.
We raised and gave away $21,000.00. We made $3000.00 recycling our old metal fixtures and donated the money to the Boy Scouts for their Re-Forestation Project. We fiqured we raised the money by recycling, it should go back into recycling.

My car is beyond wonderful, great, fantastic, did I miss anything. Great on gas, rides beautifuly,
and has a heated drivers seat, which in this cold weather we have been getting, well, my behind is very happy.

Candice and I went to the Relay for Life breakfast last Saturday. We will be going into it hot and heavy at the end of Februay. Everyone at work is kind of charitied out right due to our Grand Opening so we are all taking a break from fundraising until then.

Candice is moving to TO at the end of March. She will be doing her internship with the Canadian Women Institute. They are like the United Way but for Women's issues. She will be staying with one of Garry's cousins while she is there, because she does not get paid for on internship. The lady who she is dealing with said that during her intership she will be dealing with alot of womens charities and organization and will help Candice get a job. Candice is also waiting to hear from a company call Manifest in TO. They already asked for her portfolio and want to set up an interview. This is who she would really like to work for. They are a PR firm who deal with social issues. They are the company responsible for the Canadian Tire Free Skate and the Tim Horton's free Swim Programs. Thing are going very good for her.

Garry has been digging us out of the snow and the neighbours as well since 6am and he is still at it taking a break now and then. we had 3 feet of snow in our driveway and the ice pellets from last night froze everything solid.

My dryer buzzer just went off. Oh well back to the housework.

2 comments:

Lesley said...

Glad your tushie will be toasty in the cold snap! I don't mind a cold vehicle so much but can't stand a frozen butt.
That's awesome that Candice is on the track to getting where she wants to be career wise. Fingers crossed that she's hired on at Manifest.
Fundraising does seem to take a lot of work. The one we're doing for cancers below the waist seems to be all coming together but we haven't gotten a lot of RSVPs yet. People are saying they're coming though so I think I just need to put my foot down and tell them to cough up the money for their tickets and commit. I wanted this to be annual event so we'll see what happens...
Thanks for the update!

Alberta said...

Glad to hear that Garry is helping the neighbours out...Joe does the same thing.

I also have heated seats but find it a weird sensation....but if this cold snap lasts long enough, I'll get used to it!

Glad to hear things are happening for Candice...I suppose you'll be wearing a path on the 401 to TO now instead of over to Peterborough!

Continue being your lovable self, your friends & family need you jsut the way you are!