Sunday, February 17, 2008

Well, it was almost divorce time when I showed up with six, yes six bags of material. We had this sale where all discontinued material was $1.00 a meter. I could not pass up a bargain like that. It would not have been so bad, if I didn't already have 10 totes of material already. But this stuff was nice and I couldn't say no. Garry was not impressed. But I promised him no more, and so the next day I came home with two more and didn't tell him.
I am in the process of finishing off 4 quilts for our craft sale at work for our relay for life team. I also promised one to Candice for her school fundraiser. I have everything cut our and I already have two of them sewed, I just need to cut the seams and wash them.
Not much going on here, just lots of snow like everybody else. Looking forward to Mom coming home so she can help me with all my projects.
This years realy theme is lets put cancer to bed. We have this canopy that we are going to make up like a canopy bed. We are going to put two queen size air mattresses down to make the bed, and that way we can all wear our PJ's to go with our theme. It's not until the end of June so there is alot of time and we already have our theme and costumes so the only thing left is to get pledges. We are having a craft sale at work with everyone on the team donating something to sell and then Wal-mart will match whatever we raised and I am planning a yard sale with the money being used for my pledges. Hopefully, everything goes according to plan.

2 comments:

Alberta said...

What would Garry have said if I sent you a huge parcel of my fabric????

Lesley said...

That's a great theme idea! There is a story of how we came up with Team Crockett...

Crockett is Aaron's code word for letting me know when he wants to leave a boring party. It became a joke among the family and one thing led to another and here we are hosting an 80s dance/silent auction.

The Lei Team was our runner up and then we were going to do a hawaiin theme b/c we still have all the stuff from our luau a few years ago.